Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Update - War and Pieces

Earlier, I posted some pics of a project I am working on for my Sociology Class this semester. The class is Peace and Conflict Studies and we can choose our own final project (much better than just writing a boring old paper....I do plenty of that already...lol).

Anyway, I decided to do an art piece that would depict the ways that both war and peace are seen and how the two can intertwine and be connected.

This project from beginning to end has lasted almost 14 weeks so far (from conception to it's near completed state, and of course, I haven't worked on it every single day, but a few hours here and a few there.) I am getting really excited about the progress, and with the encouragement of a very incredible lady, I am going to post the updates as I go....

I won't post the finished product though, that will be unveiled in April (or December 14th if you are in my SOC class). Just an F.Y.I., I do accept some forms of bribery in regards to viewing the finished project.

Without further adieu, here is War and Pieces: The progress....









1 comment:

  1. ... i'm love, LoVe, LOVING IT!! you have chosen and created so many powerful words and images throughout this piece ... every detail seems to serve a very specific purpose (no meaningless filler stuff) which is making for an extremely high-impact and powerfully moving message ... :o)

    ReplyDelete