Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Feeling Festively Feisty

The other day, I went out with my camera and took about 500 pictures. It was a gorgeous, sunny, autumn day. While I wish that every single one of them were good...I know better. It was a breezy day, and I am still pretty new with my camera since I don't get to get out very often to enjoy it. I would probably say there were about 50 really good/interesting photographs. On my way home, I stopped at Parker's Pumpkin Patch. It is a small locally owned pumpkin patch that, of all things, sells pumpkins for Halloween. I spoke with the owner, Jim. His family has been running it now for 5 years. He is saving the proceeds for his son Parker's college fund. I thought that was really awesome!
Jim was very happy to let me take pictures of his pumpkins. I took at least 50 more pictures at the patch. Then I bought some pumpkins and soy candles (yes, there were more than just pumpkins at the pumpkin patch). When I got home, I took several different pictures of pumpkin collages. There are pumpkin pictures everywhere.

Today, I am sharing a creation that I made called Pumpkintini Anyone? I hope that you enjoy. If you would like to find out more about Parker's Pumpkin Patch please visit them on Facebook.

Now to find the time to get around editing all the pictures I took...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment