Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Debut

On Friday, I made my debut at J & J Gallery. What an experience. I was so nervous the entire week leading up to it. I got so see some of the entries before they were hung, and suddenly I thought to myself, "What am I doing? I must be crazy. I can't do this....but then I got some great advice from my friend Haithe...she said that we are always more critical of our work than we realize. She told me that everything was going to be just fine and that I had nothing to worry about. It was incredible to see my two pieces hanging on the wall...my stuff hanging in an art gallery...wow. It was amazing. It was a juried artshow, and I am still waiting to find out who won, as soon as I know, I will update. I want to also take this time to thank my family and friends that made it out to the opening to support me. Thank you so much. All of you are so very wonderful.

Here are the pieces that I submitted. They are on display until the end of September (in fact the final artwalk for Toledo is September 23rd with an after party at the gallery) at J & J Gallery. 909 Jefferson Ave. Friend them on Facebook or visit their website.  All the art is for sale so please stop by to look, buy, or both...lol.

Green With Envy


Dandelion In Disarray

No comments:

Post a Comment