Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Prayer for Peace Day 2010

   Today, my prayer for peace is not only for people all over the world but right here in America as well. It has been said that peace is not just the absence of war, but also the love we have for others. Today, my hope is that all people, instead of fearing someone because they are different; seek instead to understand why there are differences. Love your neighbor does not just mean the people close to you, but all people. Everyone is a neighbor in some way. Erase the hate within ourselves and we can begin to mend the rift that continues even in this day and age to separate us. I know that I am just one person and I may not be able to change the world, but if I can just reach one person and make a difference for one person, then it can begin to spread. This is my prayer today, my prayer for peace. This is what I hope for on Peace Day 2010. What will you pray for?

   This is a Photoshop creation I did in my Web Imaging class several semesters ago. I think it is a perfect fit for today because when one person looks up at night and sees the moon, someone very different could look up and see a planet.  This will hopefully help you to see that we all have differences which make us unique. As humans, we need to learn to respect those differences. It has to start someone, and I hope it starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment