Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Buen Viaje


Today, I said farewell to a beloved companion. I know that there are some people that will not understand what I am about to say,  and to them I will say fuck you, stop reading. I am not holding a gun to any one's head and I don't care what other people think. I don't write blogs for anyone else but me. For me, a blog is my journal...my story...my life...my thoughts. My rants, ravings, and sometime realities...

Anyway, today I said goodbye to a beloved cat. In 1997 right after I married my (now ex) husband, he brought me home a cute little fuzzy kitten. My ex told me that he was a Siamese, but as he grew older it was obvious he was mixed with something else.

He was an ornery little ball of fur, but I loved him dearly. I named him Oscar (one of my favorite names). Several months later I rescued a playmate for him. The two of them were hellions in their younger years.

After 6 months of being married, I moved back home. My parents came to Ft. Riley and took me and the cats in tow back home to Ohio (long story which I will not go into at this time). I didn't think Oscar was going to make it off the base. He didn't like being in a cage and decided to be very vocal about it. He yowled all the way from Kansas to Ohio.

Abridged version, my ex and I reconciled and I was moving to Germany with him. During this period of time my father, who dislikes cats, grew very attached to Oscar and my mother grew quite fond of Satan. I knew that they had a chance at a perfect life where they were, so...I let them stay with my parents when I moved.

My parents spoil the cats rotten. They want for nothing and have seen more love than I could have hoped for.

Today, after several months of various illnesses, Oscar's battles were over. In the end he was diagnosed with a massive tumor on his stomach which the vet was certain it was cancerous. In his demeanor, it was apparent that he was very ill and was suffering and there was only one choice to make.

It is never easy to have to make a choice like that. Many people don't understand that pet's have become family to us...they are the children we could (or can) never have.

I will miss him dearly, but I know that he is in a better place and is no longer in any pain.

So I write this blog...in loving memory.

Oscar

1997 - 2010


Good journey my friend. I will see you again someday.
Buen Viaje mi amigo

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your loss of a beloved friend and companion who only offered love! It's part of the journey my friend....love never dies!!!

    ReplyDelete