Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

First Journal Entry

Today I began creating the entries for my art journal. Today's entry is about summertime events. There are so many things to do in the summer here in Toledo that I tried to incorporate as many things as I could. I included my artwork from the Toledo Botanical Garden, baseball, bbq, The OWE Festival (Old West End for out-of-towners), sunshine, Metroparks, the various county fairs, roller derby, Cedar Point, and of course, my favorite hang-out.....WoodChucks. This is how it turned out:

I added a couple flowers and coated it all with a waterbased sealant (I love Mod-Podge). I also tried an adhesive spray that I was thoroughly impressed with. The stuff is sticky-icky!!! It's called 3M 77 Super Adhesive Spray.....wow.
I can't wait for tomorrow's entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment