Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Project

Wow, the semester has only been over for a little over a week, and I am still wired as if I was going to class....so, in an attempt to keep myself occupied and non-stagnated, I have decided to start an art journal. I have been thinking about this for several days now and I have created the journal itself.

This is the front cover. It is cardboard painted with acrylic paint, with paper label, and a waterbase sealer to hold it all in place.

This is the inside cover. It serves as a reminder of why I am undertaking this adventure. I am always looking for new ways to put creativity to use. I may not be a professional artist or anything even close, but I do it all for fun. It keeps me sane. It keeps the boredom from setting in too long. I enjoy it, and that's all that matters.

I have at least 70 random topics that will decorate the pages that are contained within the journal ranging from wall paper design to the Mona Lisa. There will be a variety of medium used as well. It is going to be an interesting hodge-podge to say the least. I will try my best to keep the entries posted on here. Tomorrow I begin my first entry.....A summer event. This will take some thought. There are so many wonderful summer events.

No comments:

Post a Comment