Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ahhhh...Back to the daily grind

Tomorrow officially starts my first day back to school. For those of you that don't know, I transferred to Mercy College of Northwest Ohio after Owens Community College lost accreditation in the RN program. It messed up my plans of saving money on my education. Owens has a great program and I had planned to transfer to Mercy and continue on to earn my bachelor's degree. After everything that happened, there are dozens of stories floating around so I just decided it would be better to attend Mercy as soon as possible.

This semester is not going to be fun. I am taking Statistics, Microbiology, Medical Ethics  (from the catholic perspective since Mercy is a catholic college), and Sociological Perspectives on Peace. The last class irritates me. It has absolutely nothing to do with my major, but I have to take a soc class in the 300 and 400's. This was the only one being offered at the time. I feel like I am wasting about a grand on this class alone this semester. Needless to say, I am a bit worried about the rest of my college fate and how many more ridiculous classes I will have to take. Especially since this isn't the first time it has happened.

On to a much more pleasing topic:

I opened up a shop on Etsy today and will be attempting to sell my photography and digital creations. I won't post anything until after the gallery show opening next month, but things are moving along. I am saving up money to get the camera that I want and may have some opportunities to enter some other exhibits coming up in the coming months. I am very excited about it all.

Anyway, here is another creation that I like to call "A City In Ruins". Enjoy and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment