Real life, art, and other fun stuff

Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, we have all heard it before and it has become a cliche in our society. There is truth in that statement though. When one road is closed (and anyone that drives in and around the Toledo area can verify this), there is always another route waiting to lead you to where you need to be. I've learned a lot over the past few years and I plan to document both the good times and the bad. Hopefully, through it all, I can help some other poor, lost, lonely soul that is wandering on the road called life.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hooray!!!

Today is the day I took a leap. I bought my first DSLR camera today and I am very excited. I chose the Canon Rebel T1i 15.1 MP CMOS. I am looking forward to learning all the wonderful features and benefits of using a DSLR. It's sad to say that thus far, I have been using point and shoots. While I have taken some amazing shots lately, it just isn't the same as the quality I know that can be achieved.

So folks, my camera will arrive on Thursday, along with a lens so that I will be able to play. An additional lens and some filters will be a few days behind in shipping.

Hopefully, you will see a wonderful progression in the quality of photos and digital art that I am able to produce.

Here are a couple of my favorite photos that I have taken to tide us all over until I have a chance to post more.




No comments:

Post a Comment